Uniforms and Equipment
Now that you’re a referee, you need to look the part!
· Referee jerseys (to start off with, you will definitely need gold. As you get more games, green will be the next color, followed by red, blue, and black. If you can get all colors at once, that is even better. Both long and short sleeves are needed).
· Black shorts
· Black socks with three stripes or two stripes
· Black shoes (accent colors are acceptable but predominantly black)
· Watch (one is required, two is suggested)
· Ref booklet with yellow/red cards, paper, pen/pencil
· Black bag (to put all your gear in)
· To simplify things, OSI offers a starter kit
· Referee equipment list
· Official Sports is the official referee uniform supplier for US Soccer.
· Although Official Sports is the preferred uniform supplier of US Soccer, uniforms purchased elsewhere are acceptable.
· Be sure to have the new style referee uniforms, as the old style is no longer acceptable.
· Pro jerseys have a zipper on the neck opening and Velcro closing the chest pockets. The economy jerseys are acceptable and are less expensive.